Whether you’re a music enthusiast or looking to unwind with some tunes, having control over your music playback is essential. YouTube Music offers a convenient autoplay feature that automatically plays related songs after the current track ends.
However, there may be times when you want to take charge of your listening experience and enable or disable autoplay on youtube music. Don’t worry, because in this step-by-step guide, we’ll walk you through the process of enabling or disabling autoplay on YouTube Music.
Regardless of whether you prefer exploring curated playlists or manually selecting your tracks, customizing your music experience is just a few clicks away. By the end of this tutorial, you’ll have the power to personalize your music playback and enjoy your favorite tracks exactly how you want them to be played.
So, let’s dive in and discover how to enable or disable autoplay on YouTube Music!
What is Autoplay on Youtube Music?
Autoplay on YouTube Music is a convenient feature that takes your music listening experience to the next level. When enabled, autoplay automatically plays related songs after the current track ends, ensuring a seamless and continuous flow of music.
Whether you’re exploring a specific artist, a curated playlist, or simply want to sit back and relax without interruption, autoplay has got you covered.
With autoplay, you’ll discover new songs and artists that align with your musical taste, bringing a sense of excitement and discovery to your music journey. It’s like having your own personal DJ, always ready with the perfect song to keep the music going.
Customizing autoplay on YouTube Music is a breeze. You can easily enable or disable this feature with just a few taps, giving you control over when and how music plays.
Whether you prefer a curated experience or want to manually choose your tracks, autoplay on YouTube Music can adapt to your preferences.
So, sit back, relax, and let autoplay on YouTube Music enhance your music experience. Get ready for an uninterrupted flow of music that keeps you engaged and entertained, all with a simple toggle.
How to Enable or Disable Autoplay on YouTube Music
#1. Launch YouTube Music
First things first, make sure you have the YouTube Music app installed on your device. Once you’ve done that, open the app on your smartphone or tablet. You’ll be greeted with a vibrant homepage showcasing personalized recommendations based on your music preferences.
#2. Navigate to Settings
To access the settings menu, tap on your profile picture or avatar located at the top-right corner of the screen. This will open a dropdown menu with various options.
#3. Select ‘Settings’
Scroll down the dropdown menu and tap on the “Settings” option. This will take you to a new page where you can modify different aspects of your YouTube Music experience.
#4. Explore Playback Options
When you’re in the YouTube Music app, accessing the settings page is the first step to customize your playback options.
On the settings page, you’ll come across various categories to choose from. To find the section specifically dedicated to playback settings, simply look for the label “Playback” and give it a tap.
This will expand the options within the section, allowing you to fine-tune your music preferences with ease.
Keep an eye out for this labeled section, as it’s where you’ll find all the controls you need to optimize your listening experience on YouTube Music.
#5. Enable or Disable Autoplay
When you’re exploring your favorite music on YouTube Music, you’ll notice the “Autoplay” toggle switch among the playback options.
This toggle switch is turned on by default, enabling YouTube Music to automatically play related songs after the current track ends.
However, if you want to disable autoplay, simply tap the toggle switch once to turn it off. The switch color will change, indicating that autoplay has been disabled.
On the other hand, if you want to enable autoplay again, just tap the toggle switch again to turn it back on.
With these simple steps, you can customize your music playback experience on YouTube Music to suit your preferences and enjoy uninterrupted music listening!
#6. Confirm Your Choice
Once you’ve enabled or disabled autoplay on YouTube Music, it’s a good idea to confirm your selection.
Keep an eye out for a brief toast message that appears on your screen, confirming the change you made. For instance, it might say “Autoplay is enabled” or “Autoplay is disabled.”
This quick confirmation ensures that your preferred setting has been successfully applied. It’s always reassuring to see that your choice has been registered!
Tips and Reminders
- Enabling or disabling autoplay can be done at any time, even while songs are playing. The change will take effect immediately.
- If you enjoy discovering new music or prefer a curated experience, keep the autoplay feature enabled. It will continue to play related songs based on your listening history and preferences.
- Disabling autoplay can be useful if you prefer to manually select each song or if you want to avoid unexpected transitions between music genres.
- Remember to check the “Autoplay” switch from time to time if you’re unsure of its current state. It’s always good to make sure it aligns with your desired playback style.
- Autoplay settings are specific to each device. If you use YouTube Music across multiple devices, such as a smartphone and tablet, make sure to adjust the autoplay settings on each device separately.
- The autoplay settings on YouTube Music are independent of other YouTube apps, such as YouTube for videos. So, changing autoplay settings in YouTube Music will not affect the autoplay behavior on the YouTube app.
- Enabling or disabling autoplay doesn’t affect playlists. If you’re listening to a playlist, YouTube Music will continue playing the next song in the playlist regardless of your autoplay settings.
- If you decide to enable autoplay, YouTube Music will try to recommend songs that are similar to your current listening preferences. So, sit back, relax, and let YouTube Music do the work of discovering new music.
That’s it! YouTube Music’s autoplay feature is a fantastic tool for users who want a seamless and personalized music experience. With just a few clicks, you can easily enable or disable autoplay and control your tracks the way you want.
Customizing your music experience on YouTube Music is incredibly user-friendly and straightforward. Following the step-by-step instructions in this guide will make it a breeze for tech-savvy individuals.
With helpful tips and reminders throughout the article, you can feel confident and capable of navigating the process. So go ahead and give it a try, and start enjoying your favorite tracks exactly the way you desire!
Read Next: How to Fix AirPods Not Charging